OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

docbook-tc message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 13 APR 2022

DocBook Technical Committee Meeting Agenda: 13 APR 2022


The DocBook Technical Committee will meet on Wed, : 13 APR 2022
(11am PDT, 12noon MDT, 1pm CDT, 2pm EDT, and 8pm CET)

  1. Roll call

  2. Accept the minutes [1] of the previous meeting (9 MAR 2022).   

Next meeting: 11 MAY 2022

  1. Review of open action items

a.         ALL: Test v5.2 b13 (https://github.com/docbook/docbook/releases/tag/5.2b13 )
STATUS: If no other issues we can issue an informal beta to the mailing list for further input and review before we create the OASIS product.

b.         Time to send to the schema to the list and get feedback. Refer people to the stylesheets that Norm has updated for processing.

c.          Norm to package as v5.2 Candidate 1, notify the TC to review before sending to public.

  1. Social media presence for DocBook

Purpose: To raise awareness of actions (votes, calls for information, etc.) 

a.       Announce v5.2RC1 to the mailing list for further input (see 3b) 

  1. Remaining items for v5.2 Committee Spec
    1. Proposed an optional attribute of namespace (or ns or nsref) to all the syntactic elements (the new ones as well as the existing ones like variable and constant) including namespace, since namespaces can contain other namespaces.

      The namespace attribute should point at an xml:id on a namespace element.
    2. Beta 13 incorporated packageref (see issue 229)
    3. Completion schedule for v5.2
  1. Remanining issues

NEW: 229 Add a packageref attribute to all of the children of packagesynopsis

228 Embedding an indexterm inside indexterm/primary or indexterm/secondary should not be allowed

Status: nested indexterm is not meaningful. Should use xref to refer to other terms. ACTION: Document that it should not be done, but flag that it will be deprecated in v6.0 (if that ever happens).


222 Request for value attribute with the <listitem> tag

                Status: moved to Definitive Guide (doc issue) https://github.com/docbook/defguide/issues/84


221 XPath _expression_ error in Schematron file for 5.2b10a5?
                Status: fixed 14NOV2021


219 Assembly: allow <structure> as root element
              Status: Approved on 11AUG2021.


201 use correct OASIS URLs in catalog.xml

Status: Complete


150 Support legal sections with a class attribute? 
Status: Accepted.
 From 14OCT2020 minutes:

Adopt the @class="legal" for all of the sect levels, but let's leave unresctricted. Allow extension through the @class="other" and @otherclass attributes. Either section in legalnotice, or as a regular section with the class attribute would be considered.

             ACTION: Complete


151 Add a schematron rule for the callout type constraint 
Status: Accepted and closed.  
ACTION: Check next beta


152 Add schematron rules for productionset reference constraints 
Status: Accepted, closed, and implemented.  
ACTION: Check next beta


153 Future use comments for XLink elements  
Status: This became the meta element in info.  Accepted, closed, and implemented in PR #176. 
ACTION: Check next beta.


156 docbookxi doesn't support XInclude 1.1 
Status: Accepted, closed, and implemented in PR #175. 
ACTION: Check next beta.


157 Propose algorithm float along with figures, tables, and examples? 
Status: This became type attribute. Accepted, closed, and implemented in PR #185.  
ACTION: Check next beta.


163 Add Transclusion Attributes to Assembly Schema 
Status: tentatively approved, need to see beta.  
ACTION: Check next beta.


164 Allow pubwork attribute on biblioentry 
Status: Accepted, closed, and implemented in PR #184. 
ACTION: Check next beta.


171 Support CRediT for contributor info and allow several roles? 
Status: Norm suggested using @role. Scott followed up and requestor is OK to implement using @role.
ACTION: Bob to ask Norm to implement it


180 title and titleabbrev: do they both need to be either inside <info> or outside? 
Status: TC not inclined to change the schema.  
ACTION: Bob to ask Norm to update TDG to clarify this.


188 include.xsl doesn't work if there is div around overridden definitions inside include

Status: Jirka added a fix for this.

ACTION: TC to test schemas 

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]