Subject: DOCBOOK: What is the best tool to do DocBook work in?

Hello everyone:

I just have a real newbie type question. I am currently working on
documentation for the Free Builder project. I have been using Word 2000 and
creating RTF files. I want to move the the DocBook standard, but I'm not
sure what tool to use. I'm not expert in markup languages. I sure I could
learn DTD and etc, but I much rather that the tool do this for me. I have an
older copy of WordPerfect and the latest copy of Ventura. I'm not that
impressed, I sure that I can make that work if that is all there is. Isn't
there an Open Source project or product that can do this. I'm not intrested
in anything to do with Emacs.

I'd like get the group's suggestions.

Thanks,

Jeff Duska