Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Hardcopy of "DocBook: The Definitive Guide"

Steve Greenland wrote:
> As a gentle prod to those you asking for .ps and .pdf versions so you
> can print them, consider buying (*gasp*) the book.

That's what I will do as soon as I have money for it.

>It is fairly generous
> of ORA to allow Norm to publish the book online.

That's right.

>You can order it from
> fatbrain.com for $30, and if you consider the real cost of downloading,
> printing and binding (including time and materials), it's probably
> cheaper, and certainly a better result.

Better result, for sure, but not cheaper (at least for me).

> (Not connected with ORA or OASIS or Norm in any way. Also not trying to
> start a flame war, just someone who has discovered that the "cheap way"
> usually isn't.)

Ok, maybe for those of you who are working professionnals, the right way
would be to buy the book. But I'm a student, currently full-time
student, so I don't have a lot of money available to my expenses. I'm
sorry to say that buying the DocBook Def. Guide is not one of the first
items on my to-do list.

So if one of you have a part time, distance job, for me,
(http://www.ravinet.com/cv.html) then I promise I will buy Norm's book
asap.

-Sylvan

My Mission Statement:
"We are what we repeatedly do.                      Sylvan Ravinet
Excellence, then, is not an act,         mailto:sylvan@ravinet.com
but a habit."                          ICQ #30681342 | IRC:nuujack

Aristotle

 Please check out http://www.ravinet.com in the coming weeks.
  Software Engineering Student, Tampere University of Technology
Feel free to come by!     Insinöörink. 60B 129, 33720 Tampere, FIN