Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Who's using DocBook?

On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 05:22:47PM -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:
> | FreeBSD Documentation Project.  Roughly 30MB of documentation marked up
> | in DocBook, in English, Japanese, Spanish, French, Chinese, and Russian.
>
> Cool! Do you have working Chinese and Japanese stylesheet
> localization layers?

The Japanese one works, and I believe Jun Kuriyama has been feeding patches
back to you?

We do have a

    (define %html-header-tags%
      '(("META" ("HTTP-EQUIV" "Content-Type")
                ("CONTENT" "text/html; charset=EUC-JP"))))

that's in the stylesheet when generating HTML output though.  Japanese
creation of PDF/PS output is currently broken.  I've got a small sample
document that demonstrates the problem if anyone would like to tackle it?

I believe a Chinese localisation is being worked on at the moment.  It's
for the zh_TW.BIG5 encoding.  As I get patches from the Chinese Doc Team
I'll feed them straight on to you.

Which reminds me.  How do you handle encodings in the stylesheet?  It
looks as though you key it off the country code (ja, ru, and so on) but
how does that handle different encodings (EUC-JP, SJIS, etc) of the
character set?