Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets?

On Tuesday 23 November 1999, at 11 h 25, the keyboard of Sebastian Rahtz
<sebastian.rahtz@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

> you cannot, in this example. The style of bulleted lists is determined
> by the stylesheet.

It means the DSSSL Modular Stylesheets (or, more precisely, their l10n layer
in dbl1fr.dsl) are buggy in that respect?

Any workaround? The DSSSL Modular Stylesheets do not seem to have any hook to
change this.

Setting mark="dash" in every itemizedlist seems painful, and a violation of
the "presentation vs. structure" principle.

I copied the definition of BULLTREAT in my custom driver and changed it, but
it does not seem very clean and the dashes are wrong, very long and without
space after them).

> A `list' in Jade output is simply a sequence of
> paragraphics, and JadeTeX cannot reconstruct the fact that it started
> life as a bulleted list.

Thanks, that's well explained.

> you might be happier writing an XML to LaTeX converter.. (easy enough,

:-)