Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: XMetal / GPFs

/ "Sean Upton" <sean@sltrib.com> was heard to say:
| I know that others have had this problem as well.  This is with the XMetal
| 30-day eval; has anyone had luck editing docbook using XMetal that might
| give any insight to this?

This came up recently in a private conversation.  Apparently,
XMetaL has some difficulty with notation attributes in some contexts.
In any event, you might want to try this customization layer and
see if it compiles:

<!ENTITY % modespec.attlist "IGNORE">

<!ENTITY % docbook SYSTEM "/share/sgml/norman_walsh/docbookx/docbookx.dtd">
%docbook;

<!ATTLIST modespec
		application
				(%notation.class;)	#IMPLIED
		%common.attrib;
		%modespec.role.attrib;
		%local.modespec.attrib;

You'll need to fix the system identifier, of course (grumble!).

I don't have any other suggestions, but you might try calling
SoftQuad tech support.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | All along the untrodden paths of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the future, I can see the
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | footprints of an unseen hand.--Sir