Subject: DOCBOOK: introduction+first question

Hello DocBook list,

After some experiments with xml and sgml,
today I discovered DocBook.

I use RedHat 6.0, and after going through
quite a lot of  hassle trying to compile
jade and sgmltools, I was very happy to
discover the RedHat 6.0 powertools RPM's.
It might be nice if these would be men-
tioned a bit more on the DocBook related
webpages. I had some problems with jadetex
not working, but after some deletion and
reinstalling I got rid of that. I guess
something was conflicting between the
stuff I compiled and RPM's.

I found Mark Galassi's "DocBook Intro" very
useful, and I actually found it a bit more
pleasant to start with then Norman Walsh'
"The Definitive Guide", in which I got a
bit lost. I guess this is a book to read
from start to end, and then use as a
reference, and not the quickstart tutorial
I might have been looking for.

Anyway, I am curious to see for DocBook
and sgml will go. It looks very promising
to me, and it seems a better solution than
to write my own rule files for sgmltrans.

My first question to the list is:
Which stylesheets should I best use? The
ones from Norman Walsh or the ones from
the RPM's (Cygnus)

Regards,

Maarten