Subject: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation

Hi DocBook list,

We want to use DocBook for the documentation of
the ALSA library API, www.alsa-project.org.

It seems to me that DocBook provides some tags to
help this, like:

FuncDef , FuncParams , FuncPrototype , FuncSynopsis ,
FuncSynopsisInfo, FuncDefs.

What is not clear to me is how the overall structure
of such a documentation should be. What would be the
tags to:
* group function in certain categories
* follow every function by a descriptive paragraph
* have "See also:" references
* generate an index of all functions

Does anybody know of an API that has been documented like
this with DocBook ? Any suggestions ?

Regards,

Maarten