Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Using DocBook for a API documentation

Hi Norman,

Thanks for your reply,

> The structure you describe sounds like a typical "RefEntry".
> These are called "man pages" in typical UNIX documentation.
> Take a look and see if that fulfills your needs.

Yes, I believe it does. The printf example in your book is
very clear.

> | * generate an index of all functions
>
> This is a processing expectation. The documents themselves
> are just the data, you can write tools (stylesheets, programs,
> whatever you want to call them) to walk through your source
> documents and produce indexes of this sort.

I see. Do you know of a stylesheet that will do this ?

I tried to generate both html and ps for the RefEntry example
in your book.
I put:
<!DOCTYPE chapter>
<para>
[...]
</para>
</chapter>
around it, and ran jade:
$ jade -t tex -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/print/docbook.dsl
test.sgml
$ jadetex test.tex

$ jade -t sgml -d /usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/html/docbook.dsl
test.sgml

The html output looks fine to me, but the dvi has some weird layout problems.
Any suggestions? Maybe I am not using the correct docbook dsl's ? Which
should I use ?

Maarten