Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: how to convert DocBook files to PS files?

You need to modify texmf.cnf to increase memory allocations.  I
use the following, but I'm sure there are other configurations
that wil work.

main_memory.hugelatex = 2500000
hash_extra.hugelatex = 25000
hash_extra.pdfjadtex = 50000
hash_extra.jadetex = 25000
pool_size.hugelatex = 500000
pool_size.jadetex = 600000
pool_size.pdfjadetex = 600000
string_vacancies.hugelatex = 45000
string_vacancies.pdfjadtex = 45000
max_strings.hugelatex = 55000
max_strings.jadetex = 50000
max_strings.pdfjadtex = 55000
pool_free.hugelatex = 47500
pool_free.pdfjadetex = 47500
nest_size.hugelatex = 500
nest_size.pdfjadetex = 500
param_size.hugelatex = 1500
param_size.pdfjadetex = 10000
save_size.hugelatex = 5000
save_size.jadetex = 15000
save_size.pfdjadetex = 15000
stack_size.hugelatex = 1500
stack_size.pdfjadetex = 10000

Add these to texmf.cnf and then rehash: using texhash or
texconfig.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
matt

Chang Liu wrote:

> hello,
>
> I use sgmltools 2.0 to convert my DocBook document to HTML
> files. However,
> I wasn't able to convert my file to PS format using sgmltools.
>
> jadetex, which is called by sgmltools, reported "capacity
> exceeded".
> This error happened even when I process the smallest DocBook
> file.
>
> Does any one know how to generate PS files from DocBook sgml
> document?
> Thanks.
>
> [chang@meerkat cci]% sgmltools -bps ConditionBasedTesting.sgml
>
> This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3)
> (/usr/tmp/@2402.1

My PGP public key ID: 0x727422b9 ( 1024-bit DSA )