Subject: DOCBOOK: JadeTex question.

I have compiled openjade-1.2.2 and the demos work fine. (eg. converting to
rtf and tex etc).  The DocBook scripts use jadetex to convert tex to ps, pdf,
dvi, etc.  I thought I read somewhere that openjade comes with jadetex but
this does not appear to be the case (I probably misread something).

Is jadetex necessary ?
Can standard tex (tetex, ntex, etc) be used instead ?

Thanks,
Brendan Simon.