Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: 2 docbook lists

/ maarten de boer <maarten@things.nl> was heard to say:
| I am a bit confused about the existence of two
| aparently unrelated DocBook mailing lists.
| Is there a good reason to have two seperate
| lists or would it be interesting to merge
| them ?

I wish there were only two :-) There are at least seven places
that I try to watch for DocBook questions:

- docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
- docbook-tools-discuss@sourceware.cygnus.com
- sgml-tools@via.ecp.fr
- xsl-list@mulberrytech.com
- dssslist@mulberrytech.com
- comp.text.xml
- comp.text.sgml

And someone else just recently suggested splitting the DocBook
list in half (DocBook DTD/Schema questions vs. DocBook
stylesheet/formatting questions).

My general feeling is that any new list is just another new list
I have to watch, and so I'd really prefer to consolidate. OTOH,
if you're not interested in formatting or stylesheets, there's
been an increasing volume of traffic about them on this list.

I don't know what to do. Suggestions?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Simplicity is always a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | virtue.--Edward Abbey