Subject: DOCBOOK: On using international support in DocBook

Hello All,
I have been trying today to enable/add Greek support to DocBook.
I read the FAQ at www.docbook.org <http://www.docbook.org>  and followed the
instruction to translate the messages
in the local language.

I enable the local language with "<book lang="el">.

I tried "db2html" and I could get Greek just fine.

However, when I tried with .dvi output, LaTex was complaining all the time.
It said that I hadn't installed Greek in Babel (LaTex multilingual support).
My Greek sample .tex files work and produce correct output.

At the end there is a sample of the error messages.

I fiddled with the DocBook for several hours, changing stuff from all over
the place
but with no result.

	I am using the RPM version of Jade and my best explanation is that I
need to "compile" some
of those initialisation files of JadeTex. By default there is support for
english (us/uk), french and german.

Gone to sleep,
Bye

Logs:
This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (Web2C 7.3.1) (format=jadetex 1999.12.16)  16
DEC 1999 03:07
**example.tex
(example.tex
JadeTeX 1999/06/29: 2.7
LaTeX Font Info:    Try loading font information for T1+ptm on input line 1.
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/psnfss/t1ptm.fd
File: t1ptm.fd 1998/07/06 Fontinst v1.800 font definitions for T1/ptm.
)
(/usr/share/texmf/tex/jadetex/isoents.tex
File: isoents.tex
)
Elements will be labelled
Jade begin document sequence at 20
(example.aux

! Package babel Error: You haven't defined the language greek yet.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.12 \select@language{greek}

Your command will be ignored, type <return> to proceed

l.17 \select@language{greek}

l.22 \select@language{greek}

Your command will be ignored, type <return> to proceed

! Package babel Error: You haven't defined the language greek yet.

See the babel package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

the same is repeated all the time.