Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: multiple lang in one sgml source file

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 06:23:34PM -0500, Yasushi Shoji wrote:
> I'm writing a document in two language, Japanese and English.  Is
> there a way to have both language in one docbook source file? and pick
> a language at the conversion time with jade?
>
> eg.
> <chapter>
> <para lang="ja">some japanese paragraph...</para>
> <para lang="en">The translated previous paragraph</para>
> </chapter>
>
> I'm pretty sure that I have seen this topic on the list, but I don't
> remember weather it was good idea to do it or not, and even can't find
> the mail in the archive.
>
> Could someone just dropping me a line with title or message-id for the
> mail, if you know it?

I don't know it, but on the FreeBSD Doc. Project we found that more hassle
than it was worth, and we keep the different language versions in different
files.  With CVS revision tracking it works fairly well.

    If you want to imagine the future, imagine a tennis shoe stamping
    on a penguin's face forever.
        --- with apologies to George Orwell