Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Including OS Version information on DocBook elements

/ Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org> was heard to say:

Another list for DocBook issues. <sigh/>

| This is probably not the best approach.  My DSSSL isn't up to it, but I
| imagine that a DSSSL (or XSL) script to do the same thing would be better,
| in that it would reduce the number of tools required in order to build the
| docs.  I would be very interested in someone reimplementing the logic of
| the code in DSSSL.

It would be non-trivial. Especially since it would have to vary
from system to system. You're asking the stylesheet to do a fair
number of things to determine if RELENG_2_1_3 is in between
RELENG_2_1_0 and RELENG_2_2. Not impossible, it might even be a
rewarding challenge to implement. I'd call it a two-star
problem. I've solved enough of those in DSSSL to keep me quite
content for this lifetime. And I'm working on some three star
problems in XSL at the moment :-)

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is seldom that any liberty is
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lost all at once.--David Hume