Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: On using international support in DocBook

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@inet.iopb.res.in> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 01:11:13AM -0000, Xenitellis S wrote:
>
> > 	In order to support another language other than english what is
> > needed
> > regarding the configuration of jadetex? Irrespective of TeX.
> >
> > 	In the .tex file generated by "jadetex", I cannot see any Babel
> > specific commands to switch the language.

Yes -- JadeTeX is not properly i18n'd.

> I had the same problem with French and it seems no one any longer
> knows anything about jadetex. You have to use it as it is.

Or send patches to me and I'll incorporate them.  But that doesn't
help you much if your a non-Debian user.

I don't know what to say.  We just need a TeX-expert to take over
maintenance of JadeTeX.  Its a hack -- ideally, we should have a
proper Plain TeX backend in Jade, but that's too much to ask for in
this imperfect world I guess.