Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Including OS Version information on DocBook elements

[List trimmed down a bit.]

On Wednesday 22 December 1999, at 7 h 9, the keyboard of Jeroen
Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl> wrote:

> What I understand in our FreeBSD and Debian cases is that we can use CVS
> to tag the appropriate piece of text and use those tags for the
> versioning.  I am just wondering what solutions need to be thought of
> for projects not using CVS.

The proposed scheme has no relationship with CVS. The value of attributes
osversion* is just CDATA and you can use anything which is meaningful for your
project (making a project-independant numbering scheme is outside the scope of
the current proposal). If there is a semantic, it is in the application (see
next question).

> And that also wonders me, is all of that even possible with DSSSL (I am
> really a rookie with DSSSL) or other related languages/tools?

I do it with Perl/DOM.