Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> If you have any comments, please send them to the list as soon
> as possible.  I expect to package up DocBook V4.0beta1 sometime
> next week.
>
> Attached is the new DTD fragment, you will find complete examples
> at http://nwalsh.com/docbook/edbsyn/, including some sample
> instances and stylesheets which format them.
>
> In real life, the attlists will also include local extension
> parameter entities and role attributes.
>
> <!ELEMENT ClassSynopsis - - (Modifier*,
>                              (ClassName|InterfaceName|ExceptionName)+,
>                              (ClassSynopsisInfo
>                               |FieldSynopsis|%method.synop.class;)*)>

I like the definition. But I think that the inheritance is
missing. There is no way to tell what's the name of the parent
class. In C++ these are the class names following the ':' and in Java
the class after the "extends" and "implements" keywords. The latter
word marks that the class will implement the methods of the given
interface names. This is the way for Java to allow only single
inheritance without a(IMHO) any loss of functionality.

Bye
  Christian

--
Dipl.-Ing. Christian Leutloff, Aachen, Germany  christian@leutloff.de