Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis

/ Christian Leutloff <leutloff@sundancer.oche.de> was heard to say:
| > <!ELEMENT ClassSynopsis - - (Modifier*,
| >                              (ClassName|InterfaceName|ExceptionName)+,
| >                              (ClassSynopsisInfo
| >                               |FieldSynopsis|%method.synop.class;)*)>
|
| I like the definition. But I think that the inheritance is
| missing. There is no way to tell what's the name of the parent
| class. In C++ these are the class names following the ':' and in Java

I had imagined that it would be done with multiple classnames:

So the Java class:

  public class foo extends bar implements baz, moo throws x, y

is documented as:

<classsynopsis language="java">
<classname>foo</classname>
<classname>bar</classname>
<interfacename>baz</interfacename>
<interfacename>moo</interfacename>
<exceptionname>x</exceptionname>
<exceptionname>y</exceptionname>

I admit this increases the processing expectations, but I think
this is a more flexible way of handling the variety of OO
languages. Or am I missing something?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | It is seldom that any liberty is
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | lost all at once.--David Hume