Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Quick Questions..

Hey Norm!

Thanks for the reply!

I really love DocBook and would love to use it for my English papers. I'm
almost beginning to think that I'll need to create my own DTD or use LaTeX
(ick) -- especially for the Works Cited (Bibliography) type stuff.

Anyway, here's kind of what a normal paper looks like ("E Landrum 1" is
repeated on all of the pages, with the number increasing for each page; English
IV is the class, Location is the location of the class, and grade is the
current grade):

                                          E Landrum 1

Eliot Landrum
English IV - Location (grade)
Response to Hard Times
January 10, 2000

                 A Hard Time
    Text goes here.. All doublespaced of course and
indented in the beginning.

                Works Cited
Schaeffer, Francis A. How Should We Then Live? Illinois:
    Crossway Books, 1976.

---

Thanks for any assistance you can give me.. even advice would be nice. :)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
> Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:58:00 -0500
> To: docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
> From: Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>
> Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Quick Questions..
>
> / Eliot Landrum <eliot@landrum.cx> was heard to say:
> | Are there any style sheets (DSSSL) done already for formatting papers for
> | a student's English papers?
>
> How would you like the format to differ?
>
>                                         Cheers,

Eliot Landrum
eliot@landrum.cx