Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: prevent splitting of block elements?

/ Karlheinz Eckmeier 46372 <Karlheinz.Eckmeier.extern@ae3.hypo.de> was heard to say:
| Is there a way to prevent the contents of certain block elements
| (like <screen>) being split across page boundaries? In cases where the
| elements contents doesn't fit on a page I would like the complete block
| moved onto the next page.

You could tinker with the definition of $verbatim-display$ to include the
property

  keep: #t

Either always or perhaps if a specific role attribute value was used.

But I'm pessimistic about it, I seem to recall that JadeTeX has trouble
with keeps. Anyone know for sure? Sebastian, are you out there :-)?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Note: you are currently using an
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | unregistered evaluation copy of
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | your life. Register now for the