Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Fw: E-mail in Author tag

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com.br> was heard to say:
| On Wed, Jan 26, 2000 at 04:35:46PM +0100, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

| > > the
| >
| > I use :
| >
| >    <author>
| >       <firstname>St&eacute;phane</firstname>
| >       <surname>Bortzmeyer</surname>
| >       <affiliation>
| >         <orgname>The Debian Project</orgname>
| >       </affiliation>
| >     </author>
|
| But, isn't this e-mail address the organization's address? There
| should be the possibility to use the e-mail element right in the
| author scope, not in the affiliation's scope.

Well, I'm not sure I agree (though I feel your pain :-). The direct
children of author are all parts of the author's name and an email
address isn't really part of a name.

  <digression>
  And if it is part of your name, that's because you've legally
  changed your name and made it your, um, probably surname.

    <digression>
    not yet written her autobiography? :-)
    </digression>

  OK, someone must have done this, can anyone cite a case? Or do
  governments not consider "@" a letter in any language and
  hence would refuse my attempt to legally become "ndw@nwalsh.com"?
  </digression>

I suppose one compromise would be:

    <author>
       <firstname>Norman</firstname>
       <surname>Walsh</surname>
       <affiliation role="self">
       </affiliation>
       <affiliation role="employer">
         <orgname>Arbortext, Inc.</orgname>
       </affiliation>
     </author>

But it would be nice if this was easier?

Anyone got a suggestion?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Man's sensitivity to little things
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | and insensitivity to the greatest
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | are the signs of a strange