Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: <xref>ing to graphics and pictures.

/ "Dombrowski, James" <James.Dombrowski@compuware.com> was heard to say:
| I believe you need a title somewhere (probably at the <mediaobject> level).
| Otherwise, what will your <xref> generate? You point the <xref> to the
| <mediaobject> and have the output generate the title.

There's no title on mediaobject, instead put the whole thing in another
wrapper:

 <mediaobject id="bar">
    <imageobject>
       <imagedata fileref="file.fmt" format="fmt">
    </imageobject>
 </mediaobject>
</figure>

If you want to reference things that don't have titles, use link:

<link linkend="bar">points directly to the figure and makes this
text "hot"</link>

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The average man, who does not know
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | what to do with his life, wants
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | another one which will last