Subject: DOCBOOK: DocBook v4.0beta2

Over the last month, and despite repeated attempts, I've been
unable to get the official DocBook website at OASIS updated, so
I've reworked the DocBook.org site to mirror portions of the
official site.

In particular, DocBook v4.0beta2 is now available from

  http://docbook.org/sgml/4.0beta2/

and

  http://docbook.org/xml/4.0beta2/

DocBook v4.0 will be released officially in both SGML and XML
versions.

I encourage everyone to take a look at 4.0beta2 and report their
experiences. It seems unlikely that we'll get an official,
non-beta release out before the next face-to-face meeting (at
X-Tech 2000 on 01/02 Mar 2000) so there's still plenty of time
to address problems that you may encounter.

I remain particularly anxious for feedback on the ClassSynopsis
stuff, which I already have on the agenda for discussion at the
face-to-face meeting.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To others we are not ourselves but
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | a performer in their lives cast
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | for a part we do not even know we