Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Answer: How to add manually DocBook v4.0beta2 over v3.1

/ Simos Xenitellis <S.Xenitellis@rhbnc.ac.uk> was heard to say:
| Hello,
| 	I am using v3.1 (cygnus RPMs) and just installed v4.0beta2.
|
| Steps:
| 	1. Go to /usr/lib/sgml/
| 	2. Create a directory /usr/lib/sgml/docbook-4.0beta2
| 	3. Unzip in directory of step-2 the contents of the zip file
| (sgml).
| 	4. Copy the resulted files also in /usr/lib/sgml/
| 	   You will be overwritting the old files.
| 	   Don't worry about backups, there is already
| 	   a copy in /usr/lib/sgml/docbook-3.1, in case you screw up.

Ack! I wouldn't do it this way. I wouldn't put any of the files
in /usr/lib/sgml.

Leave the files in /usr/lib/sgml/docbook-3.1 and
/usr/lib/sgml/docbook-4.0beta2 and simply point to those files with
your CATALOG(s).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | And gentlemen in England now a-bed
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | / Shall think themselves accursed
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | they were not here, / And hold