Subject: DOCBOOK: XSL Stylesheets V1.8 released

This afternoon I posted version 1.8 of my XSL stylesheets. I'm
still calling this experimental because I haven't had any
feedback on the new internationalization stuff (nor have I
tested it very extensively).

This version has better support for mediaobjects, supports
titles on steps, contains other bug fixes, and avoids a Xalan
problem (though Xalan still chokes on my tests, alas).

See http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/

And here's the What's New:

Changes since version 1.7 (2000-02-07)

Changes to docbook/*

  | 2000-02-18  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* VERSION: Version 1.8 released

Changes to docbook/common/*

  | 2000-02-18  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* en.xml: Changed quote characters to avoid Netscape
  | 	  irritation with ldquo and rdquo.
  |
  | 2000-02-16  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* common.xsl: Added filename.extension and
  | 	  mediaobject.filename named templates
  |
  | 	* l10n.xsl: Tweaked URI for conformance with some broken XSLT
  | 	  processors

Changes to docbook/html/*

  | 2000-02-18  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* admon.xsl, biblio.xsl, block.xsl, callout.xsl,
  | 	  component.xsl, division.xsl, docbook.xsl, footnote.xsl,
  | 	  formal.xsl, glossary.xsl, graphics.xsl, html.xsl, index.xsl,
  | 	  info.xsl, inline.xsl, keywords.xsl, lists.xsl, math.xsl,
  | 	  param.xsl, pi.xsl, qandaset.xsl, refentry.xsl, sections.xsl,
  | 	  synop.xsl, table.xsl, titlepage.xsl, toc.xsl, verbatim.xsl,
  | 	  xref.xsl: Removed default xmlns for HTML; it didn't work the
  | 	  way I thought and caused problems with Xalan
  |
  | 	* autotoc.xsl: Support changing the TOC list type
  |
  | 	* docbook.xsl: Added user.head.content hook for adding
  | 	  additional HEAD tags
  |
  | 	* inline.xsl: Made systemitem monospaced
  |
  | 	* param.xsl: Added toc.list.type
  |
  | 2000-02-16  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* graphics.xsl: Improved support for mediaobject and
  | 	  inlinemediaobject
  |
  | 	* lists.xsl: Handle title on step in procedure
  |
  | 	* param.xsl: Added graphic.default.extension
  |
  | 	* table.xsl: Changed the calculation of empty cells.
  |
  | 	* titlepage.templates.xsl: Added version attribute
  |
  | 	* xref.xsl: Fixed typo

Changes to docbook/template/*

  | 2000-02-16  Norman Walsh  <ndw@nwalsh.com>
  |
  | 	* template.xsl: Added version attribute