Subject: DOCBOOK: Margin of table cells

In version 1.52 of the dsssl modular stylesheets the following
workaround was introduced (dbtable.dsl):

;; seems to be a bug in JadeTeX -- we get a wierd indent on table
;;   cells for the first line only.  This is a workaround.
;; Adam Di Carlo, adam@onshore.com
(define %cals-cell-before-column-margin%
  (cond ((equal? (print-backend) 'tex)
         0pt)
        (else
         3pt)))

Ok, this prevents the wierd indent on table cells, so all lines in a
cell are indent the same way - with no indent at all.

Is there also a workaround to indent the now properly aligned cell
content?

I had a look into the jadetex macros trying to find the defective code.
 "\hskip \CellBeforeColumnMargin" within the following macro seems not
to be up to the task to indent the cell contents correctly.

Now, unfortunately are my TeX skills not deep enough to suggest a fix.
Anybody out there, to help out??

Regard
  Karlheinz

------------ snip (jadetex.dtx, Line 1015-1052)---------------------------
\def\Par#1{%
%    \end{macrocode}
% We need to end the current paragraph, with its current line spacing,
% hyphenation, what have you, before anything is done.
% This could have horrible repercussions, but something like
% it is necessary.
%
% If this is the second or subsequent paragraph inside a table cell,
% start with a line break. But not if its a \emph{nested} paragraph.
%    \begin{macrocode}
 \let\@action\relax
 \ifTableMode
   \global\advance\@ParNest by 1
   \ifnum\@ParNest=1
     \ifnum\@TablePars>0%
       \def\@action{\@arraycr}%
     \fi
   \else
      \ifnum\@ParNest>1
        \ifnum\@TablePars>0\def\@action{\par\paraSetup}\fi
      \fi
   \fi
 \else
   \def\@action{\@@par}%
 \fi
 \@action
 \ifGroupMode\begingroup\fi
 \SetupICs{#1}%
 \ifTableMode
   \csname startQ@\Quadding\endcsname
 \else
    \ParagraphNIC
 \fi
 \FlowObjectSetup{1}%
 \ifTableMode
}

--
Karlheinz Eckmeier                                 ConSol* Software GmbH
Karlheinz.Eckmeier@consol.de	   Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 Muenchen