Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook -> ps anyone?

Egon Schmid writes:
 > > pdfjadetex has no limit of 780 pages. you may need to make TeX's
 > > internal memory larger by tweaking texmf.cnf
 >
 > I have done that already but there is no way to get [number of
 > strings=55513] higher after 'fmtutil --all'.

hmm. is number of strings the nasty one with a builtin upper limit? if
so, yes you may have a problem unless you recompile TeX (there is a proposed
fix, which I have not tested). But I am surprised you meet this. I hit
it once with a document after about 50,000 pages. I suspect JadeTeX is
far too profligate with its strings.

Sebastian