Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: PDF graphics

On Wed, Mar 08, 2000 at 09:14:12PM +0100, Jens M. Felderhoff wrote:
> Angus Lees <gus@getsystems.com> writes:
> > just fyi: apparently the TeX backends can find their own image formats..
> >
> > i changed (graphic-file) (for the print stylesheet) to:
>
> [...]
>
> > and left the extension off all my graphics. pdfjadetex now finds png
> > or pdf, jadetex finds eps.
>
> I applied your graphic-file redefinition to my local style
> file. However, that doesn´t seem to work for me.

show me your sgml source
what version of jade/jadetex are you using? (don't know if it matters..)

you may want to reply to me privately

> Is there a FAQ around that describes what kind of image format to use
> with what backend?

graphics.sty (ie. the LaTeX package) lists these:

(in order)
pdfjadetex will look for .png, .pdf, .jpg, .mps
jadetex will look for .eps, .ps (then others depending on the backend)

the html stylesheet will append whatever you have your
%graphic-default-extension% set to (i use "gif"). you can use whatever
your browsers support.

--
 - Gus