Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Figure Numbers (DocBook XSL)

>/ Dave Makower <davemak@iclick.com> was heard to say:
>| I know enough XSLT to be dangerous, and I could try to tweak the
>| stylesheets myself, but I was wondering if someone else had already
>| encountered (and possibly fixed) this problem.
>
>I can't reproduce this problem. What XSLT processor are you using,
>and can you provide a test case. Here's my test case that works
>just fine with XT.

I'm using XT also, so I'm not sure why we have different results.
One thing I notice is that my figures are in different <section>s (of
the same <chapter>).  Maybe the figure numbers are starting fresh at
<section> boundaries?

As a side note, is there a parameter to get the stylesheets to do
either (or both) of the following:

- Number <chapter>s and <section>s hierarchically: 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1,
1.2.1.1, etc.
- Derive figure numbers from <chapter> numbers: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc.

| Dave Makower                                 <davemak@iclick.com> |
| Manager of Portal Architecture & Development                      |
|   iClick, Inc.                 |   (914) 872-8030                 |
|   120 Bloomingdale Road        |   (914) 872-8100   fax           |
|   3rd Floor                    |   (914) 872-8000   main          |
|   White Plains, NY  10605      |   http://www.iclick.com/         |