Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Docbook and XSL stylesheets

C'est ainsi que madhu (b_maddy_016@yahoo.com) s'exprimait:

] > jadetex 2.12 is at
] > http://www.tug.org/applications/jadetex/jadetex.zip. I can't say I am
] > happy with it.

Do you mean it's not usable for now ?
] >
] > why do you include passivetex?

Because, during the "compilation" of jadetex, on a dumb RH 6.1 it failed.
After adding passivetex, jadetex could then be "compiled".

It seems to be related to 2.10 version, as 2.7 didn't need it before.
] >
] > hyperref is at 6.70 now, FWIW

Ok.
] >
] not only passivetex is included also now jadetex from this site is dependant on
] passivetex. that is you need to install pasivetex to install jadetex.

Yes, because if you want to be able to rebuild the whole set, you need
passivetex which isn't provided on a standard RH6.1.

] also if you upgrade from your present jadetex 2.7 the whole structure is
] changed  so it doesn't work
] db2html barfs that there is no jadetex  in /usr/bin/jadetex

I suppose I have to give some background :-)
In fact, these packages were done so that I can install all what
is needed on a RH 6.1 machine to be able to generate my SGML documentation.
I first used sgmltools, that I compiled. But each time a new version of DSSSL
or something else is out, I have to regenerate the whole thing, which
became to be heavy. Plus I wanted to know more on the system and get rid
of the sgmltools themselves and keep only the base bricks. I don't like
Python, as far as I can read ;-)
So I decided that the best, for me, was to create RPMs which I can
install at will on a new machine to have all my environment.

With which package does db2html come ? I can't find it in my sources.
So it's clear that I didn't install it. BTW, I didn't have it before
neither.

I have just updated my Make file to do things like :

$(CIBLE-L).ps: $(SRC)
        jade -t tex -d $(CIBLE-L).dsl'#print' -V tex-backend -c $(CIBLE).cat -o
$(CIBLE-L).tex $(CIBLE-L).sgml
        hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
        hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
        hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
        dvips -o $(CIBLE-L).ps $(CIBLE-L).dvi

$(CIBLE-L)/index.html: $(SRC)
        rm -rf $(CIBLE-L)
        mkdir -p $(CIBLE-L)
        (cd $(CIBLE-L) ; jade -t sgml -c ../$(CIBLE).cat -d ../$(CIBLE-L).dsl'#h
tml' ../$(CIBLE-L).sgml)

And so on...
So you have there the basics packages.
If you need more tools, maybe other packages sets are better for your
needs.
I repeat : these were useful for me. I put them on ftp. They surely
have limits, bugs, ... But they can't provide functions they don't
contain.

Sorry for so bad explanations, my english is as poor as my RPMs ;-)

Greetings,
Bruno.
--
Bruno Cornec  Centre de compétences Logiciels Libres Tél: 01 69 33 73 14
                      Médasys Digital Systems        Fax: 01 69 33 73 02