Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Creating CSS within XSL DocBook Stylesheets

/ David Parker <dlparker@facstaff.wisc.edu> was heard to say:
| How would one format a debug print statement within you if test?
|      <xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="@html.stylesheet"/></xsl:text>
|      <xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="html.stylesheet"/></xsl:text>
| I have attempted both of the above and Xalan becomes angry.

<xsl:value-of select="$html.stylesheet"/> is what you want in
this context. "@html.stylesheet" looks for an attribute called
"html.stylesheet".  "html.stylesheet" looks for an element with
that name.

| >    If you set the XSL variable html.stylesheet to the name of a stylesheet,
| >    The stylesheets will automatically add an appropriate link element
| >    to the head of each HTML document.
| >
| >    <xsl:variable name="html.stylesheet">mystyle.css</xsl:variable>
|
| E:\docbook\IT>java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process
| -in  E:/docbook/It/test.xml    -xsl E:/docbook/html/test.xsl    -out out.html

I can't follow the output at this point. Can you provide a small
test case?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If we could read the secret
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | history of our enemies, we should
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | find in in each one's life sorrow