Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: markup suggestions for protocol descriptions?

Hmmm, when you put it that way, it occurs to me that if I want to
avoid too much stylesheet work, and I *can* represent what I want with
a table, then I could get the best-approximation-of-both-worlds by
writing a DTD extension, and then a Docbook+extension->Docbook-table
down-converter, and use all of the standard tools from there.  That
would let me write with higher level semantics in that one area
without having the maintenance nightmare that DTD-extension normally
is.  Interesting, I'll have to play with that...