Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Getting confused with docinfo

/ Ismael Olea <olea@hispafuentes.com> was heard to say:
| 	I'm integrating a docbook 3.0 book into another bigger. I put the book
| between part tags and changed the bookinfo tags for docinfo. But now is
| the problem: reading the TDG this is legal but jade complaints about it.
|
| 	This is a litte example:
|
| <!DOCTYPE Book PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN">
| <book>
|     <title>book title</title>
|     <part>
|         <title>Part title</title>
|         <docinfo>

You've got title and docinfo in the wrong order:

Part ::=
((DocInfo?,Title,Subtitle?,TitleAbbrev?),
 PartIntro?,
 (Appendix|Chapter|ToC|LoT|Index|Glossary|Bibliography|Article|
  Preface|RefEntry|Reference)+)

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | ...it is significant that we are
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | called the 'information society'
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | -- not the thinking society, not