Subject: DOCBOOK: DocBook markup and possibly a RFE.

Hi!

I'm having problems marking up some network items which I don't know
what tag I could use:

1. IP addresses and host names (e.g. 10.0.0.2 and lists.oasis-open.org)
2. Network protocols (e.g. PPP, TCP/IP)
3. Filesystem type (e.g. VFAT, EXT2, UFS, NTFS)
4. Disk partition (e.g. the first partition of a SCSI disk on a linux
                   system should be /dev/sda1)
5. Program names (not filenames or application names) for marking up
   programs such as "grep".

If there's no tag for these, I'd like to see it implemented ASAP and,
if possible, (1) could be done in such a way that let us to specify if
the "class" is a network, a network mask, a broadcast address,
etc. Please note that these _are not_ links.
The (2) item should allow specifying to which ISO/OSI layer this
protocol belongs to...
Also note the item (4) _does not_ specify the hardware (SCSI disk on
my example) but a subdivision within it. Item (3) specifies the
filesystem used within that subdivion.
I'd like to have (5) marked up with a tag that isn't <command>. It
would be used like this:

<para>
   Use the program <program>grep</program> to find out which files
   contains such text.
</para>

If needed, I can provide usage examples on all of the above.

If these tags do exist, please, tell me what I have to use.

Thanks in advance,
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com>

Departamento de Publicações
Publishing Department                   Conectiva S.A.