Subject: DOCBOOK: Info on FuncSynopsis

After a long break from SGML I am now staring at the official
book in order to write up our API specifiction. I am stuck
at the announced v4.0 changes to FuncSynopsis. Am I mistaken
in expecting

      <funcsynopsis><funcprototype>
      </funcprototype></funcsynopsis>

to work with 3.x and 4.0 both?

I would also appreciate a clarification on FuncSynopsisInfo.
The examples in book (copied in at least on FAQ) of

   #include <varargs.h>

seems really weird to me. This is a requirement, not
(additional) info. Further, I am at a loss on how to
actually specify the parameters, return values, and
purpose of the function within FuncSynopsis. I currently
maintain a separate table that lists the text and
description for parameters, plus their legal values/range,
default value. Am I missing the right way to integrate
actual specification text with FuncSynopsis?

Further: I maintain internal comments "marked" as RFC, NOTE,
REF that can be exempt using
 <![ IGNORE [
Are there DocBook elements or attributes I should use to
mark such optional "meta"-content? For internal purposes
these would ideally be printed with e.g. a different color
or framed - some way to distinguish them from the actual
document.

                                             b.

p.s.:
  http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/
has news to Apr 10,
 http://www.docbook.org/
only till Feb 17 - no mirror also it claims so.
Why two different  sites anyway?

Finally, the mailing list page does not mention archives?