Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Extreme DocBook/Arbortext Novice Question

[ MIME stripped by moderator ]

A good way to start may be to create the DocBook 3.1 with the sample
text to get a feel for the way that Arbortext works (that helped me
quite a lot).

I do not think there is an automatic enter paragraphs at this point
because you can start each section with many different objects - title,
graphics, legal notices.

For me I used the insert markup hotkey combo (ctrl-shift-I) with
categories set to all.  Then I could start typing the name of the
element I wanted to add and hit return.  (I would also recommend keeping
the Smart Insert "on" so that you will be sure that you are following
the rules of DocBook.

Hope this helps.

Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
[mailto:owner-docbook@lists.oasis-open.org]On Behalf Of Pam Mandel
Sent: jeudi, 11. mai 2000 22:37
To: 'docbook@lists.oasis-open.org'

Please forgive my naiveté. I'm authoring up our Help system in
Arbortext.
I'm using the DTD's that come with Arbortext, I've got DocBook V3.1. I'm
getting confused. I've got my sections set up and I want to enter my
<para>
text for each section. But I'm not given the choice to enter a <para>
tag
below the <sect1> tags. Am I missing something? Again, sorry for such an
obtuse question, I'm BRAND new at this...
Thanks.
P.