Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: links in RTF

Karl Critz wrote:

> I am trying to get links into my DocBook RTF documents.  Looking
> at dblink.dsl,  it looks like Norm's print stylesheets try to create links
> for <link>
> elements.  I am guessing that Jade's RTF backend doesn't support link
> elements.
>
> As a workaround, I am considering writing a customization layer which would
> result in something like:
>
> Foo bar [#]
>
> where # is the page number and the bracketed expression is subscripted.
> dblink already has element-page-number-sosofo, so the heavy lifting is
> already done.
>
> Has anyone done something like this?  I would hate to duplicate effort.
>
> -k

I'm not sure if this answer helps by any means, but I use xref's to
point to Bibliography items and figures, etc., and that works nicly in
RTF documents. I can click on the references generated by jade usings
Norms stylsheets and get transferred to the target as expected.
Or did I get you wrong?

Cheers,

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph Steinbeck (http://www.ice.mpg.de/departments/ChemInf)
MPI of Chemical Ecology, Carl-Zeiss-Promenade 10, 07745 Jena, Germany

What is man but that lofty spirit - that sense of enterprise.
... Kirk, "I, Mudd," stardate 4513.3..