Subject: DOCBOOK: Latin-2 character entities in html

I have a document that makes use of two Latin-2 character entities:

ō ū

When I process the document (using DocBook 3.1, dsssl, as distributed
with RedHat 6.2), the postscript or pdf versions look fine. But the
html version shows these characters as a ?, even if I change Netscape
to use the Latin-2 character encoding (I also tried the Unicode 2.0
encoding).

Is there something I can do about this?
--
Colin Paul Adams