Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: WAS:Re: DOCBK: ext file entities, IS: anchorage and pdf-output S-DocBook

/ Inge <telmin@ol.telia.no> was heard to say:

You can get the book right now: http://docbook.org/tdg/

| In "real" docbook there is the anchor element, which i think is what i need for linking internally in a document.
| This is not present in simplified docbook. (I am right!)

That's probably right. Anchor is rarely needed, though. Usually what
you want to link to is already an object of some sort (chapter, section,
paragraph, figure, etc.) so you can just use the ID of that thing.

<para>
Anchor is only needed if you want to link <anchor id="foo">to the
middle of a paragraph.
</para>

| I have a list of obscure words.
| These words are used throughout the document, naturally, and i want hyperlinks from where they occur to their respective explanation in the list.
| (very traditional means of hyperlinking)
| What can i do to achieve this?
| (i know i even could use html, but that is not what i want ...)

Probably what you want is glossterm.

You can use <glossterm linkend="obsdef">obscure</glossterm> words
and let the stylesheet link them.

| best would be: Is there any xsl readymade and publicly available for me to utilize?

http://nwalsh.com/docbook/xsl/

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | A book is like a garden carried in
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the pocket--(Arabic)
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |