Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: DocBook 4.0 - SGML or XML?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> writes:

> XML V1.0 is SGML. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that XML
> V1.0+delta will also be SGML.

I'd would be hard (and stupid) to break SGML conformance at the document
level.

> In fact, schema languages other than DTD syntax already break SGML
> compatibility at some level, at least conceptually.

AFAIK, "Schemata" will add additional contraints -- people who really
need contraints might be better served with an SQL system (IMO) or check
them on the application level.

"schema languages" sic -- no standard thus far, more than one offering.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o