Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: new problems with xt and passivetex...

Arrigo Benedetti writes:
 > I'm trying to typeset the following XML document (test.xml), compliant
 > with the Simplified DocBook XML V4.0.1, by using the latest DocBook XSL
 > stylesheets:

The Docbook XSL stylesheets us an old version of the XSL FO spec;
PassiveTeX implements (partially) the current draft, so don't expect
it to work in this situation.

 > and test.fo seems to be fine. My first question is : is there is any way
 > to have xt use the DTD catalog so I don't need to specify the full path
 > /usr/local/sgml/sdb401/sdocbook.dtd in the DTD declaration?
yes, there is, I am sure its referenced from Norm Walsh' site, its a
small patch/addon for XT

 > [...]
 >
 >     </5:region-after>
 >    </5:simple-page-master>
 >   </5:layout-master-set>
 > Finish defining page masters

you can cut out all this verbosity by uncommenting
\xmltraceoff in xmltex.cfg

 > Any ideas? Should I try jadetex instead?

depends what you are trying to achieve...

sebastian