Subject: DOCBOOK: TOC synopsis formatting

All,

I have run into a situation within the <tocentry> where under each listing in the TOC, there is a brief synopsis of the chapter. The format of the TOC appears similar to this:
	1	Chapter 1's Title
		This is some reference text pertaining to chapter 1.
	2	Chapter 2's Title
		This is reference text for chapter 2's content.

Currently, I do not know of any solution as to how the descriptive text should be tagged. Unfortunately, the <para> tag is unavailable and the <synopsis> tag refers to computer code and not to a synopsis of a chapter. Does anyone have a suggestion on how this should be tagged?

Thanks in advance!

Eric S. Miller
Pearson Education
Production Department
Phone: (317) 581-3702 or (800) 571-5840 ext. 3702