Subject: DOCBOOK: Denoting change in a DocBook document

Hi all,

(Norm, you may wish to forward this to docbook-apps also)

In discussions about DocBook with my local Linux User Group (address below),
one interested documentor brought up the notion of changebars, and whether
there was support for these in DocBook.

Seeing that my experiences with versioning and DocBook amount to excessive
use of CVS, I wasn't sure of how to use this staple of traditional editing
with standard DocBook. My initial reaction was to use comments, and extra
DSSSL to process those - but that's a pretty disgusting hack.

Surely some of the documentors on this list would be presenting long DocBook
documents to traditional editors - what's your solution?

- Jeff

-- jdub@aphid.net ------------------------------------- jdub@linux.org.au --

   w: http://www.slug.org.au/
   i: 16341281 (jdub!)
   q: "In addition to these ample facilities, there exists a powerful
       configuration tool called gcc." - Elliot Hughes, author of lwm