Subject: DOCBOOK: OT: DocBook and Literate Programming?

Hi Y'all from South Carolina...

I hope you guys don't mind this question it is a bit off topic, but some of
you might have a good suggestions on how to solve this problem with DocBook
and related tools.

I am by trade a Visual Basic programmer. I falling into the same problem
that I always have with any development project where it is VB, Delphi, C++
or Java. The source code and the design documentation are way out of sync. I
have been using Microsoft Word for most of my documentation and the VB IDE
for the programming environment.

I like to keep track of the documentation for many reason not the least
being CYA.

I know that this topic is some times called Literate Programming. With the
power of DocBook it seems like this might be a match made in heaven. My
deliverables need to be HTML, PDF, RTF and, of course, the VB source code.
It would be nice, if I could some how keep everything together and in sync.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The only idea I have is to start add the documenation in VB comments using
either HTML markup or DocBook markup. Then create a tool that extracts the
comments and code into a XML or SGML file. Then I could then user the
SGMLTools for NT.

Is there a better method?

Jeff Duska