Subject: Re: POD -> DocBook?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 Tom_Roche@ncsu.edu wrote:

> In other words, I'd like to have a DocBook formatter to which I could
> just pass PODed Perl. It doesn't seem like brain surgery, but then
> I've very little hands-on experience with DocBook.

There is a POD::DocBook (or so) module which generates stand-alone DocBook
documents (in SGML) for POD-files.  I played with it and found that it
does not produce suitable output for XML style sheets, so I started to
reimplement it for XML output.  This task is not finished yet.  I would
currently suggest generating SGML output with POD::DocBook, and use James
Clarks (www.jclark.com) sx (in SP) to convert it to XML for further
processing.

Perhaps this would be suitable for your task?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen               "...plus...Tubular Bells!"
  http://www.mip.sdu.dk/~ravn