Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: page number in xref

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ Camille Bégnis <camille@mandrakesoft.com> was heard to say:
| I need that <xref linkend="ch01"> be rendered "Introduction, Page 11"
| I tried to find the function I need to redefine inserting the %n and %p
| variables, but I couldn't. Help appreciated,

In each localization layer, you'll find something like this:

(define (en-xref-strings)
  (list (list (normalize "appendix")    (if %chapter-autolabel%
					    "&Appendix; %n"
					    "the &appendix; called %t"))
	(list (normalize "article")     (string-append %gentext-en-start-quote%
						       "%t"
						       %gentext-en-end-quote%))
	(list (normalize "bibliography") "%t")
	(list (normalize "book")        "%t")
	(list (normalize "chapter")     (if %chapter-autolabel%
					    "&Chapter; %n"
					    "the &chapter; called %t"))

If you change, for example, the definition of chapter to:

	(list (normalize "chapter")     ("%t, page %p"))

You'll get what you're after.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There exist some evils so terrible
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | and some misfortunes so horrible
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | that we dare not think of them,