Subject: RE: DOCBOOK: Code markup.

          |   <command moreinfo="none">xf86GetFlipPixels()</command>

          That's a function, not a command.
     For which the markup is...?

          |   <arg choice="opt" rep="norepeat">-flippixels</arg>

          This is the odd part, -flippixels is clearly an option
     that you would
          pass to the, um, xinit (?) program, but xf86GetFlipPixels
     must return
          whether or not that option was set.

          -flippixels is not properly an argument to xf86GetFlipPixels().

     Now confessing my ignorance, I'll have to ask the question on
     xfree86
     and get back on that one.

I checked and got this 'mixed' reply.
I.e. its both a parameter to an app,
held as a global, and accessed by a function :-|
As for mark-up, that leaves me totally stumped!

reply below.
Regards DaveP

The name of a global variable here is "xf86FlipPixels" as shown at:

<quote><verb>
    xf86Verbose               verbosity level
    xf86Bpp                   -bpp from the command line
    xf86Depth                 -depth from the command line
    xf86Weight                -weight from the command line
    xf86Gamma                 -{r,g,b,}gamma from the command line
    xf86FlipPixels            -flippixels from the command line
    xf86ProbeOnly             -probeonly from the command line
    defaultColorVisualClass   -cc from the command line
</verb></quote>

and "xf86GetFlipPixels()" is the interface to the variable "xf86FlipPixels"
in order to get the value of that variable.

In the source code, this function is defined at common/xf86Helper.c as

  Bool
  xf86GetFlipPixels()
  {
      return xf86FlipPixels;