Subject: DOCBOOK: modular architecture with DocBook

	Hi, Everybody
	Recently I decided to write and publish software documentation using  XML
language (till now I used SGML only for data structures). So I'm  completely
novice in using DocBook, and at first trial it seems to me quite complicated
DTD to deeply understand it's possibilities.
	My aim is to construct well structured documents in highly modular way from
very small standard parts, which contain the most elementary operation
descriptions, written in separate files. By this way could be handled the
description of a continuously changing system. The whole document has to be
built about a given scheme and different parameters,  like a tree structure,
from these modular parts. The output must be a HTML Help, and a printable
good-looking document format. XSL stylesheets would be preferred to get this
output because our firm has a little bit experience using it in home banking
system development.

My questions:
Is DocBook suitable to realise this kind of structure: document which
contains links to its subdocuments (in separate files) to the downmost,
elementary (parapgraph) level?

Is it possible to use marked sections, or express different conditions on
attributes and entities, to include (or ignore ) during compiling some parts
of the documentation? I'd like to be able to use a kind of "configuration"
for different user categories (like  system administrators, managers, and
everyday users), or customized installations.

Do I have to write a costumization of DocBook, or the DTD already includes
some possibilities, that enable these condition formulations?

Can somebody give me advice: which Tool to use for writing documents and
stylesheets, to generate the mentioned HTML output? The handling of special
(hungarian) characters is a must. Spelling check in hungarian is also
welcome. The format of the HTML Help for DocBook would be perfect. I' ve
already tried AuthorIt, XML Spy and XMetal. Xalan works also for XML
transformation to HTML, using XSL. I'd like to hear some opinion from more
experienced users too.

What about intelligent version management methods and tools for DocBook
documents?

XML Spy and XMetal can import MS Word documents, but without images and
without structure. There are also problems with special character's and
link's handling. As I see, it's good only for text import. Does anybody know
a better way?

	Thanks in advance for your help,
	Andi