Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: bridgehead in <*edlist>

On Fri, 04 Aug 2000, Norman Walsh wrote:
>/ Chris Nettleton <nettleto@ccfn.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
>| The list numbers continue with 4 and 5. Here's the .txt output:
>|
>| --------------------------
>|    12. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free
>[...]
>|
>| NO WARRANTY
>|
>|     4. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO
>|        WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE
>|        LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
>| ---------------------------
>
>Huh? Can you please send me (not the list) the document that exhibits
>this formatting? What tool are you using to produce the .txt?

OK. Source file is on its way.

The source file is gpl.sgml. The command used to generate to txt file is:

bash$ sgmltools -b txt gpl.sgml

>| Also, how do we get a list to start at '0' instead of '1'?
>
>Hmm. On the one hand, I'd say this is a stylesheet issue, on the other
>it wouldn't seem wrong to provide some sort of hook for this in the
>markup. Um...

With a command like that (above), was a stylesheet used?

I personally prefer a list to start at 1. However we're trying to recreate
a text file that has a list starting at zero. In this case I'm not sure
the numbering really matters - as long as any cross references are OK.

Regards

Chris

--
Chris Nettleton